Friday, September 27, 2013

Quick & Dirty Tasting Notes From W&CN

Much to my surprise, when I logged on this morning to add this week's tasting notes, I noticed blog traffic had spiked. After checking the traffic sources, I learned that some it was from Google searches of the following keywords:

C'mon, that's pretty funny.


The W&CN crew has been slacking with tasting notes lately due to a cancellation a couple weeks ago, catching up with family and friends the following week, and general laziness last Wednesday. Lately, I've been keeping myself busy between school and working two jobs. As a result, I haven't been savoring the wine as much as I have been guzzling it. Hunting season is just around the corner and winter will soon follow it, so blogging will likely be slow for the rest of the year. 


The most notable moment of last Wednesday: A belted kingfisher landed on the limb of pine tree directly above us. As we were all checking out the bird, the bird pooped. As we watched it fall, the group let out a roar of commotion and our gazes lost sight of the dropping before we could see it land. We quickly learned that it landed on Matt R.'s pants. Coincidentally, I snapped a photo of the offending bird no more than 30 minutes before this event.
© Paula Frenette 2013

Only one of Wednesday's bottles was new to us, as far as tasting notes go.



Name: Cupcake Cabernet Sauvignon
Producer: Cupcake Vineyards
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Vintage: 2010
Region:  Valle Central
Country:  Chile
Alcohol:  12.5%
Price: $10/bottle (average)
Barcode: 0081308591872
Flavors: cherry, mocha, oak
Notes: The oak is slight in taste, but hits you more on the nose. Cherry dominates the flavor and the mocha is much more subtle. Very light and smooth mouth-feel.
Rating: We had actually forgotten to rate this wine, probably because of the bird poop mishap. But, I'm going to give it a 7/10. It's tasty and cheap, and as far as wine goes, that's all I really need.


No comments:

Post a Comment